- A little extra time in preparing your items will pay off in more sales.
- All clothes should be in good condition, clean, pressed and on hangers (hanger faces left).
- All buttons, zippers and snaps should be in working order and closed.
- Secure pants or leggings by pinning through the waist and hanger in such a way that the pants do not slide from one side to the other.
- No tiny safety pins or straight pins, please.
- Clean all non-clothing items with a damp cloth or Clorox Wipes.
- Any item requiring batteries must include them.
- Place non-clothing items, (accessories, etc…) in a Ziploc or bread bag.
- Furniture, Decor & Toys MUST be clean with all small parts in a Ziploc bag securely attached to the item with clear tape or string.
- Write information on a 3×5 INDEX CARD horizontally.
- KKE does not accept tags from other consignment sales.
- Price your items in WHOLE DOLLAR increments (no change); All items should be priced $1 or more.
- Consider name brands when pricing and Price to Sell!
- On the last weekend of the public sale, items will be sold at 1/2 price. If you do not want your items sold at 1/2 price, put ND in the lower right corner of the 3 x 5 index card directly in front of the dollar sign (ND $1)
- Make a new tag if a change is necessary. Do not make any corrections or changes by crossing out information. This is for your own protection.
- Place a very visible GREEN dot in the lower left hand corner of the TAG using a marker, pen, highlighter, crayon, sticker, etc… on any item you wish to donate after the sale. This will help tremendously on sorting days.
- For Teen sizes (adult-like starting with size 0, 1, 2 etc…) place “TEEN” beside the size.
Securing the TAG:
- With hanger facing left, safety pin the card to the front, right side of the garment, Make sure the card is securely attached to the garment.
- Secure TAG to non-clothing items with string or heavy tape. Scotch tape will not hold. Consider whether tape will damage item (peel paint, etc… in which case, use string or yarn)
- *Pin or tape the TAG to the OUTSIDE of a bag.*
- Group clothes by gender & sort by size before delivering your items.
- Know your total number of items
- Allow time for each item to be reviewed and re-counted when delivering items.
- Spring/Summer Clothing (Infant thru Teen sizes and Maternity)
- Shoes (like new- we will be VERY strict on our shoes this sale), Backpacks, Purses, Hats, & Belts
- Toys, Books, Games, Videos, Music, & Computer Games
- Baby Equipment
- Furniture, Bedding, & Nursery Items
- Sports & Outdoor Play, Bicycles
Items Not Accepted:
- Klassy Kids will not accept tags from other consignment sales
- Items tagged incorrectly
- Any item that is stained, torn, or has missing buttons, broken zippers, lost parts, etc…
- Out of date clothing; It will not sell
- Opened Underwear
- Socks (unless like new)
- Stuffed Animals
- Open Pacifiers & Nipples
- Games rated M for Mature or R Rated Movies
- First Generation Diaper Genies
- Used or Open Bath Toys